Clean, Elegant, Efficient: Just What the Customer Ordered
As a home builder or remodeling contractor, you have a tough task. All of your customers want you to build them the home of their dreams. That means, in addition to designing an imaginative and practical floor plan, you must choose an energy source that is efficient and comfortable. It also must add to the value and attractiveness of the home, and be a friend to the environment.
Propane offers everything today’s homebuyers want. It heats the home to a consistent warmth; dries laundry more efficiently; cooks food quickly to exact temperatures; puts a cozy fire in the fireplace; heats the water for a relaxing bubble bath; and fuels the backyard barbecue and it does it all at a lower cost than electricity. What’s more, propane is always in steady supply.
A Home That Saves Money and Ensures Comfort
Propane offers homebuyers countless money-saving features, including:
- On a nationwide average, propane costs less than electricity on a per-BTU basis. According to a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) study, electricity is more than twice as costly as propane.
- A propane gas furnace saves around $300 annually compared to an electric one (DOE).
- Propane water heaters save up to $150 annually over electric and heat 2 1/2 times the water with the same amount of energy (DOE).
- The operating costs of propane furnaces are less than electric models in most cases.
- Electric heat pumps must often be supplemented with electric strip heat, resulting in higher costs and lower efficiency.
- Homes fueled with propane can have a better resale value and, on average, cost less to run than homes with all-electric appliances.
- Propane gas furnaces can consistently supply air at 120F a comfort level unmatched by electric options such as heat pumps.
- New combo-heat systems save your customers energy and money by heating the air and water with one unit. With fewer pipes and less sheet metal, the new units look better and free up more living space.
- Propane is available wherever you want to build far beyond the gas mains and power grid.
A Home With Great Curb Appeal
Propane tanks can be easily installed underground with systems that require minimal piping making homes and yards more attractive.
A Home that is Environmentally Friendly
Propane is an approved, alternative clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act making it an ideal energy source for those dedicated to protecting and preserving our planet.
Propane is one of the cleanest burning of all fuels. It creates less pollution, providing Americans with cleaner, more breathable air. Propane is nontoxic, so it’s not harmful to soil or water.
Our Lorden Consultants are experts in their field. For more information about Lorden’s Builder and HVAC business programs, contact a Lorden Consultant today.