Greater Efficiency. Greater Savings.
Heavy Duty Performance with a Smaller Carbon Footprint
Business owners are recognizing propane as an environmentally friendly way to achieve greater efficiency, better performance, and increased cost savings. In factories and warehouses, more than 600,000 propane forklifts provide less downtime, faster ground speeds, and less greenhouse gas emissions. Propane-fueled commercial mowers are helping businesses cut fuel costs while reducing toxic emissions. And federal tax credits for clean-burning alternative fuels make propane as good for the bottom line as it is for the environment.
Fact: Propane-fueled forklifts raise the bar on efficiency and air quality.
- Propane-powered forklifts cut greenhouse gas emissions 19 percent compared with gasoline and 7 percent compared with diesel.1
- Propane is nontoxic, and clean burning, with virtually no loss from spillage or evaporation into the atmosphere.
- Propane forklifts maintain consistent, 100 percent power throughout operation, with faster ground speeds than electric forklifts.
- Propane forklifts require little refueling time compared with forklifts that run on natural gas or electricity.
- Propane engines can last up to twice as long as gasoline engines.
- A federal tax credit of 50 cents per gallon is available for fleets.
Fact: Propane-powered mowers cut more than just the grass.
- Propane is nontoxic and insoluble in water, eliminating any risk of groundwater or soil contamination.
- Commercial propane mowers are quieter than gasoline mowers.
- Commercial propane mowers reduce smog-producing emissions by more than 77 percent over gasoline.
- Commercial propane mowers reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 48% over gasoline.2
Learn more about why propane is exceptional energy for industrial and commercial use, and find out about tax credits, rebates, and incentives, contact a Lorden Consultant today.
Build Green with Propane
Propane in Agriculture
National Green Building Standard
Energy Education and Conservation
Converting to Propane